- It is a quick, safe, and convenient way to have your say on a range of issues and topics.
- It is a great way to keep up to date and contribute your views on issues affecting your community.
- You can see what other community members think about an issue or topic, respond with your own views, and engage in a discussion.
- You do not have to attend community meetings at a set place and time. Instead, you can contribute at a time and place that suits you.
- It allows for a range of different people, with different views to discuss matters that may impact their community.
- Sign up for Engage Sierra Vista by clicking on the "Sign In" button or the “Register” button in the top right of any page.
- Choose a username and password.
- Complete a few quick questions about you.
- You will receive an email to validate your email address.
- Return to the website and click the "Sign In" button.
- It helps ensure that a broader set of perspectives have an opportunity to be represented by attributing feedback and frequency of feedback to individuals.
- It promotes accountability and encourages people to provide more thoughtful responses because feedback can be attributed to them.
- It also means that we can let you know any news if something major changes about the consultation.
Why is the City of Sierra Vista engaging online?
Traditional public engagement or community involvement usually involves attending a public meeting or submitting written statements to council, and this can often be time consuming, inconvenient, and sometimes intimidating. Engage Sierra vista gives you the opportunity to have your say on issues that are important to you, at a time and place of your choice.
How do I submit comments?
Each project on Engage Sierra Vista is a little unique depending upon the engagement level required for that project. Visit the project page that you are interested in and submit your feedback using the online discussion forums, quick polls, forms and surveys for each of the projects currently open for consultation.
To participate for the first time, simply:
Why do I need to register to this site to make a comment?
Registration is necessary for many of the more interactive engagement opportunities. We ask you to register to the website for a few reasons.
What happens to my feedback/comments?
All comments, ideas and suggestions are collated and used by the relevant project teams to inform the development of strategies, projects, and activities, or to gain an insight into community views and opinions.
Often, feedback provided online is used in conjunction with other face-to-face consultation activities such as meetings, open houses or surveys.
When each consultation closes, all contributions are compiled into a report, which will be used by project managers and presented to council when considering the particular matter.
All feedback provided during consultation will be considered; however, this does not mean that every suggestion will affect the project or be adopted as proposed.
Note: All comments you make through this website will become public records for anyone to read.
How can I engage?
Forums, Stories, and News Feed items allow a free flow of information in an open environment. You might even be able to comment on other peoples' comments! These tools are most similar to open social media platforms.
The Ideas, Questions, and Quick Polls tools allow input on specific questions. Like an online survey, you're input it limited to just the choices included.
Somewhere between these two levels of engagement include Places, which allow contributors to pin ideas to maps, Surveys with open questions, and a Guest Book.
Is my privacy protected?
Yes! Your privacy is absolutely protected, and the city will only use your email to contact you with updates and to invite you to participate in consultations.
Who can I contact about Engage Sierra Vista?
Engage Sierra Vista is coordinated by City of Sierra Vista’s Marketing & Communications Division.
If you have any questions about content, or council's consultation and engagement process, please email PIO@SierraVistaAZ.gov. If you have a question regarding a specific project currently open for consultation, please contact the relevant project manager. Their contact details can be found in the "Who's listening" section for each project.